Learn how to grow several different types of mushrooms using low-tech, low-cost methods in your garden or woodlot. Get hands-on experience inoculating logs for mushroom cultivation, as well as methods for annual, perennial, container and forest gardens.
Discussions will include:
- Selecting mushroom species
- Biology and ecology of fungi
- Using mushrooms for personal and ecological health
- Evaluating your growing substrates and conditions
- Seasonal planning for mushroom harvests
- How fungi are integral to healthy organic gardening practices
Saturday, April 10, 2021
9:00 am to 12:00 noon
Sharondale Mushroom Farm
Limit 8 participants
*We are limiting participation to 8 people. The workshop will be held outdoors under cover, with hands on activities in the garden or in the woods and ample space to physically distance. We ask that everyone wear a mask and all tools will be sanitized between uses.
All of our products are mailed USPS Priority Mail.
All of our mushroom spawn are live cultures.