The Farm Production Assistant at Sharondale Farm is a part-time (30-40 hours per week), entry-level position working with the farm team in all aspects of organic mushroom production from substrate preparation to sales.
We seek an individual who can manage his or her time and tasks to completion, and is interested in supporting, promoting, and developing local food. Pay is commensurate with ability and work experience.
We will train the production assistant in many aspects of mushroom production including:
- Substrate preparation
- Inoculation techniques
- Proper sanitation techniques
- Harvesting and post-harvest handling
- Food safety protocols and recordkeeping
- Retail marketing and sales
Minimum qualifications for this position:
- Must be able to initiate and complete tasks, maintain tools and equipment, keep records
- Interest in food, farming, mycology, biology, ecology, general science, etc
- Able to learn chemical and food safety protocols
- Understand and use good personal hygiene
- Reliable transportation to and from the farm
- Artistic, resourceful, and outgoing personality a plus
- Previous farm experience also a plus, but not required
Experience is less important than a demonstrated willingness to learn and work hard.
If interested, please email Mark Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org with a note of interest and a brief work history.